Monday, June 8, 2009

Not Gonna Sit and Get Stale!!

I have decided that I am not gonna sit and brood about what I have no control over. I will give it to God and let Him handle it and then I will have great joy in the journey! (hey, isn't that the title of this blog?!) Anyway, 2 of our boys are visiting their dad on the east coast and so it is a bit quieter here. Been cool and rainy, but I have been calling in the warmth!! Praise God! He is so faithful!
I have been tempted lately to just be angry and crabby about many things. I made the effort the last few nights to really sleep well and it has made a WORLD of difference, plus, I had to make a renewed effort to just give it all to the Lord. He knows how to take care of every situation and boy, has that brought freedom!
I have workout time in a bit and then I will be doing something to take my mind off of myself and onto others. I will be delivering meals to the elderly. Something that I have done before but had to quit doing for a while because I didn't have a reliable vehicle until now. Yay! God provides and I am excited! Not only does this get me out of the house, but I get to fellowship with our pastor's wife while we do this and get to bring a smile to many weathered faces!
Anytime we are tempted to just sit and stew and pout and have that pity party(and no one wants to come to that party except the devil anyway!), we need to pick ourselves up, get in God's Word, and start doing for others. We are the people of God and we have no reason to be depressed! God meets ALL our needs! He is our healer! We should be the happiest group of people on the planet and that will draw others to Him!
Though the clouds may be hovering outside for the time being, the SON is shining brightly inside of me! Shout to the Lord!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment