Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Work in Progress....but ok with that...quit judging me...
More judgment and drama.....well, here goes.....read the next status and you will understand how we do things around here....not that we should have to explain, but just to set the record straight...
Gordon and I are good parents. We are not PERFECT parents, but we love our kids and let them make decisions for themselves pretty much. We guide them the best we know how....give them advice(unwanted sometimes...lol!)....and we let them make the choices they decide to make. They are not little kids anymore. They are old enough to deal with the consequences of their choices....whether good or bad.
They WILL mess up at times. We WILL be there for them...loving them NO MATTER WHAT!!! We will NOT throw their mistakes in their faces or say ' I told you so'....I used to be a domineering, overbearing, bitch of a mom. Not anymore....I have a good relationship with my kids and they know they can talk to me and trust me with anything. I will not ride their asses about dumb stuff anymore. NO ONE wants someone to always be nagging at them....life is short and every moment counts.
....if my kids drink in high school, then they know to call me for a ride. They will NOT get in trouble for it. They are kids....the only trouble they will get in is if they DON'T call me for a ride...lol! I will not be a grieving mom because my kids were afraid to call!
I will not be a mom that my kids are afraid of. .....I wish I could take back the past mistakes I made, but I cannot....but I won't make those same mistakes again....
I am a Christian....I love Jesus....He died for me and He did it even tho He knew who I was and the mistakes I would make. I am a people loving person who loves God. I am not just Republican or Democrat. I agree with gay rights....people should not be treated wrong just because they make a different choice than we would. I am for women's rights to make decisions about their own body. I do not agre
e that abortion is right, but I don't think we have a right in this FREE nation to play God to them. It should be their choice...just like God gave us all a free will.....besides, it is between them and God anyway. Let us quit trying to control and play God. (no more rants...lol!) By the way, if this affects how you feel about me, that is fine. I won't play up to get friends.....I know who my friends are....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment