I have been on vacation and now I am back. I was almost in tears on the way home because after having truly relaxed and not worried about a thing for over a week, I did not want to start the daily grind again.
I made up my mind to just NOT be the same. We have been listening to an amazing preacher that emphasizes the grace of God. How Jesus died for ALL our sins and I am in total freedom now! I don't have a care in the world. Everything has been paid for on the Cross of Calvary and I now stand in perfect standing with God at ALL times....THAT is freedom!
I also have decided to just go at a slower pace and not let anything rush me. I plan ahead and I don't freak out about the house being spotless anymore. I have on purpose started just 'being'.....not trying to DO everything. Yes, we have responsibilities and all that, but like I said, we plan ahead. I take in every moment as precious and realize that every breath I take is a joyful one because my Savior is loving me constantly...singing over me....how amazing life is!!!
I sip and savor my coffee, tea, pop(that's 'soda' to you 'not in the midwest' people..lol!). I leisurely take moments and peruse a good magazine! Love that! I have found my love of cooking again....I am not putting pressure to eat healthy...I trust in God for my health because of the Cross and I eat what I enjoy eating....I have found that I have been dropping fat a couple of pounds at a time now....there is no stress about whether a certain food has bad stuff in it or not. I eat slower and enjoy my food. I don't eat nearly as much now that the pressure is off.
I have been getting up early...I am a morning person so this is not a problem for me, and I dress in my loose fitting capris and a flowy tank top...I am relaxed! I go about the day in my bare feet and love the feel of the grass and soil in my toes. I sit in a bubble bath at night and lull around painting my toenails.
This may all sound so lazy and not fun to some, but for me, it was crucial. I say no to things when I need to. I take my time shopping when I have to go and when I want to go. Like I said, I still do what is required of me, but I don't stress anymore.
I am sitting here now writing this on my laptop by the deck doors, listening to the birds singing out back here in our woods...loving the sound and also loving the gentle breeze coming in the screen door.
My advice is to ON PURPOSE live for Jesus and love life to the full
woohooo nice to see you back my friend, glad they are letting you post!
ReplyDelete