Monday, April 20, 2009

Wishing.... more hours in the day.



Getting ready for spring planting! Actually, to be honest, we have some things in already, but had a light frost last night and I am guessing all is still ok. I am putting marigolds and snapdragons in and making a hanging basket of the petunias. I love the butter yellow ones you see in the pic!
I also have some pansies and will use the blossoms in salad!! Yes, they are beautiful and edible!
The stew you see is for supper tonight and ohhh, so easy!! Gordon and I are heading into town for a track meet (sprinkling and cold, so we shall see if they still have it)and some shopping and this will be just right and ready for the kids when we all get home. Warming and wonderful!!
As for the laundry, need I say more?! 7 of us (especially 4 teenage boys!!!!!) creates lots of laundry. We were finally able to get that front load washer we needed and it saves soap and I can wash so much more in one load! Woohoo!!!
I did not get my bread made today, but will do that tomorrow. I have to make sandwiches for the track meet tomorrow night and we will take an ice cream bucket full of fruit too!
If any want that stew recipe, I am thinking about starting a blog on healthy eating. I have lost about 12 lbs and am on my way down never to return to being overweight again AND all cravings for carbs and junk food are GONE!! All Glory be to God for His help in all of it!!
I will let you all know!
Blessings!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment