Friday, September 17, 2010

The Little Things...

The days just seem to pass by....some days slower than others, altho we all know the time is always the same.
We have been enjoying fall here so much! The leaves are starting to turn to brilliant colors and hot coffee is treasured more than ever in the mornings! I am baking more now and tonight will be Black Bean Chicken Chili w/green chile cornbread and a salad. Yum!
Just had a shower, got dressed and feel marvelous! I love the refreshing mornings that I have. Some days I get up just trying to get my 'motor' started, but other days I have such immediate energy. No matter. God is always faithful no matter what day it is.
Sunny and brisk out this morning. Had one cup of coffee and drinking a bottle of water now. I have started on the decline with my weight again....HALLELUJAH!!! I am determined to drink more water. I have decided not to sit at the computer and play the online puzzle games that I enjoy so much and I have noticed that I am more active. Who figured?! LOL! Just the little changes are what is making a BIG difference for me. That is the way it is, you know. You get all these grand ideas about what you are gonna do to make a change. Whether it be in eating, losing fat, exercising, etc.....it doesn't matter the thing you are trying to change. And with all the grand ideas you get overwhelmed at how much there is to do. Well, I decided to just start small and change little things. How much time I sit at the computer, drinking more water, eating a salad everyday, NOT buying the processed foods so much, reading just a little more in the Word of God, and so on. THAT has made all the difference in the world and I have NOT gotten overwhelmed with it all lately. I was being such a big meany to my family as the stress started pressing in. Well, I started pressing back and now I am feeling so much more free and happy.
I have been packing a little at a time. We do not yet have a closing date on our home, but that will be very soon. So I am ready to start moving in at least with what I do have packed. The new house is only 15-20 min away so we can move gradually once we have the keys.
We have rented a home for about 13 years now...not the same house, but rented just the same. I am grateful that we will finally own our own place. It is time. We have just less than 3 years and all our kids will be graduated and moving on in life...sniff..sniff! But with all this is a change of season for us and we are excited to see where God leads us!!

8 comments:

  1. How wonderful it will be to own at long last! You are so right about making little changes, how it takes the "over" away from the "whelmed"! Making small changes here as well, but seeing what seem to be out-sized rewards from them. I think that may be God's way of making sure I continue making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot of good things going on!! You're so right about 'baby steps' - making little changes at a time. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new house!! How great that it is close by so the move is easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being a homeowner! What an amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking small steps...you have the right idea! You've actually inspired me to make some of those small, non-overwhelming changes. Hope you'll stop by my blog when you get a moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new home!! I loved seeing your header picture. Autumn has NOT arrived AT ALL over here in Georgia. I have been really homesick for the foliage of the Kansas fall I am used to experiencing. Enjoy your new home. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your house, how exciting! We have not been able to enjoy fall around here yet...it was still 92 degrees today, ugh! I cannot wait to see those first changing leaves and feel the cooler air! You are totally right about the small steps. That is how I have worked up in my running and the difference is amazing! Congrats on the weight loss, too. I was doing pretty good but have gotten lazy the last couple of months...I am stuck at the same weight and need to get better about watching what I eat again. I just wish I didn't like chocolate quite so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for your move and your new blog look. I love the colours. I think I just love fall.

    I've been trying to do the water and salad idea for the last month and have noticed a difference when I just drink water. Add on the occasional work out and the weight really falls off. I'm cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete