Monday, December 13, 2010

Peace Amidst the Turmoil...


I am loving this challenge! I have to tell ya that I have been struggling with how to get peace lately, when all the time I knew exactly how. I usually get up an hour or so earlier or more than anyone else and soak in God and His Word. Lately, the past week or so, I have had only a couple of these times.
With this blizzard that just went through, church yesterday was cancelled and so I did get up early. It was as if no one else lived here. It was total peace and quiet. Oh, how I soaked in that! I was able to just let God love on me and let His peace and joy permeate my soul! It sounds so dramatic...and it was...for me! I was refreshed and rejuvenated.
I have found myself frustrated, overwhelmed, angry and irritable with those around me lately. Just trying to make sure things got done, trying to control my kids' every move and make sure they obey. Are you kidding me? Who can do THAT?!
I am totally incapable of MAKING anyone do anything. God told me to relax. Chill out, if you will. LOL!
Last night, I went into our son's bedroom to talk to him and I just poured my heart out to him about how I was feeling. I did some serious heart talking and before I left, he opened up to me about something that he NEVER would have otherwise. Praise God forever! Right then and there....God told me that this was an open door to healing in some ways and NOT TO BLOW IT!! Yes, God talks to me that way sometimes. I NEED that correction too!
I guess what I am trying to say is that I am not going to let the turmoil, stress, and all that the commercial Christmas season demands get to me. It is all about Jesus. The REAL reason for the season. I will get alone with God, I will make my bed every day(this is a biggie! It really does make a person feel better!), I will sip my hot steamy coffee with peace and joy and savor the life around me.
God is good! He is faithful!

1 comment:

  1. I needed to hear this my friend. The getting down and start thinking about Christmas as "Christ" mas, not "Commercial"mas.

    ReplyDelete