Yay!! Christmas is over!! Woohoo!!!!
I can sense some of you thinking..."it is only 2 days after Christmas and she is done with it all?!" YOU BETCHA, BABY!!!
Don't get me confused with Scrooge. I am 100% all for Christmas. But after having the tree up over a month and decorations taking up valuable counter and table space, I am ready for normal...whatever that is...lol!
I already have the Christmas decorations down and just gotta organize them to get them put away for the year. I am a little slow this year on getting the tree down. I generally like to do that the day after Christmas, but since that was yesterday and football was on....well, you get what I mean...I ain't doin' nuthin' when football is on. LOL! I will get that down soon.
The word for the winter so far? SNOW....and plenty of it!
Sitting here with my second cup of good coffee getting lukewarm...(I am like Jesus in this regard..anything lukewarm I about spew out of my mouth..yuck! gotta refill...)
I have many things I do for the new year getting started. I get my new calendar all filled in with birthdays and anniversaries for the whole year. I keep that on our desk...then I can just look at the beginning of each week and send out cards. I love to send out STUFF!! Who doesn't like getting STUFF in the mail?!
I also just sit and ponder what it is God has for me personally for the coming year. I get my Bible and soak in the Word. I need that. I don't know how people can just go day to day to day without God. I live for Him....I can't function without Him. I would be a crazy, out of my mind, pull my hair out kinda wife and mom if I didn't abide in the Vine. Period. Judge me all you want. I don't care. I am not holier than thou and I will not apologize for saying this. I NEED HIM!!!
I make decisions for myself for the new year, also. I DO NOT make New Year resolutions regarding losing extreme amounts of weight. I take it a little at a time. Did you know that teeny tiny decisions really do work? You would be AMAZED at how just changing up one little area can turn a whole lot in your life around for the good! So, I decide to do things for the new year like.....drink more water....eat more salad. I don't forbid myself much in the food area. I just use portion control....or try to..lol! When you put such extreme pressure on yourself, you will find that you lose faith that way and set yourself up for disappointment BIGTIME! Why? Because you cannot possibly reach those unrealistic expectations. I just won't do it! But like I said, the little changes mean a lot!
I am finding this blog post to be a bit of a ramble, so I am going to end it for now. I am looking forward to the day and will most likely have more to say tomorrow perhaps....BLESSINGS TO ALL!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment