Friday, January 7, 2011

Flowing.....joy, sadness, healthy eating...

Happy New Year!!!!

Ok, I know I am a bit late on this, but I have been busy with family and frankly, I didn't have a blog post in me. You writers know what I mean. It has to just flow. Every time I thought about writing a blog post, I would just sit there stuck....just stuck.
So, here I am! Flowing away!!! LOL!
Things I have been pondering and doing since the new year started............
we have started eating healthy again, like we used to. I went grocery shopping yesterday and just took my time. I had taken 2 days and meal planned. Boy! Does THAT save money! Just getting what you need for the recipes you will be cooking. I used to do that....like a year ago. I lost 25 pounds eating right and just buying ONLY what we need...not all the processed junk. Time to lose another 25 or more!
Yesterday, our youngest son...in 10th grade...came home and reported that a friend's dad died that morning....we knew he had cancer, but we had seen him in town at high school sports some a while back. Wow. I cannot tell you how sad this is. He was in his 40's. TOO YOUNG!! I am praying for the comfort that only God can give. The devil may have stolen a life, but God will bring something from this to give Him glory! Of THAT I am certain!
I have been focusing in my prayer time and quiet time on joy and living without stress. Don't get me wrong...hard times come, persecution, challenges....but WE are the ones who choose what we allow in to us....I have chosen to stay in the 'secret place' with God and NOT let the stress in. I may have things to deal with, but I will NOT let those things steal my peace while I am dealing with them!
I have also been sleeping in a lot lately....what's with THAT!? I have to get back to my routine of getting up early. I am thinking this is just my body's way of saying "hey! get some extra rest to make up for the rush rush of the holiday!"

I better get to gittin'!! Be blessed all!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I was meal planning this morning! I am also hoping to lose a few, and eat healthier...
    Blessings on your day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of this loss, Linda. It is when things like this occur that young minds (well, of all ages really) begin to question how our God works so I'm thankful he has a mama like you who knows truth.

    And yes, I sleep more after the frenzy of Christmas. You need it and yes, it IS our God's way of saying REST IN ME. :)

    Have a restful weekend! :)

    Natalie at Mommy on Fire
    http://www.mommyonfire.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my friend I know what you're saying when you talk about the choice of what we let affect you. I've been making a choice to let God's peace rule in me and take comfort in Him when I am troubled. Funny enough, when I'm upset I put on my prayer shawl and feel Him hugging me. Thank you my friend for your gift. It has been blessing me these last two weeks.

    ReplyDelete