Monday, January 31, 2011

Husbands Are A Gift

I have been sitting here reading some blogs and eating my Italian sausage, eggs, toast and fried potatoes....I came across a blog entry from a homeschooling mom giving tribute to her husband for the help he gives her to homeschool. I am in tears.
How precious!

I now sit here inspired to thank God for my Sweetheart. How I love that man! Sometimes I think God didn't know what He was doing when He handed my Sweetheart over to me as the most precious gift I have ever been given...other than my salvation(thank you, Sweet Jesus!). But of course, our good God knows EXACTLY what He is doing.
My Sweetheart is so opposite me in many things. God knew we would complement each other. He is the calm, peaceful and most like Jesus man I have ever known. I have been known to get extremely overwhelmed and excited too easily about some things. We balance each other out. He is so forgiving. He overlooks even the most harsh things I have said. I am sad when I see that I have shot my mouth off again...once more. He just hugs me and says he loves me.
He shares my love of birdwatching...hangs all our feeders out. When I USED to scrapbook, he was right there with me going through pictures and helping me post them in the books. When I go shopping for clothing, he is going through the racks showing me things he likes and would like me to wear. He knows my style and my colors. He is a farmer....has been since he was born, I guess. Been dairy farming now for over 30 years. Calloused hands, strong arms and so very gentle to me.

Am I the only one here that finds it a total turn on to see my Sweetheart helping around the house, spending time with the kids, etc? I think not.
I am awed and humbled by this man. I am thankful to God for this great gift.
(By the way, I love the Steelers, and since they are in the Super Bowl AGAIN, I just HAD to put this pic of my Sweetheart in here. He wears this for me....!)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! How good is God to give us such wonderful gifts in our husbands...
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete