I think fall is upon us. The nights are cool and the extra blanket is on the bed, our oldest son went back to college yesterday, our daughter flies in from Colorado on Tuesday, school starts on Thursday, football practices are in full swing, our town's sweet corn days festival is going on this weekend, and I am wearing tennis shoes again along with my sandals.
Yes, fall is about here. Now, I realize we may have a few more hot days, the last ditch efforts of summer to rear it's head, but for the most part, I am ready for fall. NOT cold weather! I love the cool, crisp nights, the extra quilt on the bed, the turning leaves, the smell of applesauce cooking on the stove, the fall clothes coming out of storage, the fall festivals,watching our sons'football games...etc. I am looking forward to taking the dogs for long leisurely walks thru the leaf-laden streets and the smell of bonfires in the yards.
This is one of my FAVORITE times of the year!
I like autumn the best too! I think for me it comes from being raised in New England. It's such a gorgeous time of year there! Not so much in Oklahoma but still pretty in places.
ReplyDelete