Monday, November 8, 2010

How to get going on a Monday.....

I have figured out how to get your motor running on a Monday morning.....that is IF you are not a morning OR a Monday person. I happen to be both. I LOVE and ADORE mornings, especially if I get the time with the Lord that I had this morning. A whole HOUR of Bible and jest talkin' time with God.
Next, have the satellite tv guy call ya at 6:45 am and have him ask if he can come right away to get the dish installed....say yes.
Then, beg the husband to stay just a bit longer before leaving for work so you can get your wits about you before all the action starts.
As the tv guy shows up, cue the construction workers that are building and finishing a new room upstairs....the same room that caused UNENDING amounts of dust to coat EVERYTHING last Friday. Here they come.....and up a damp sheet in the upstair's doorway goes to tamp down all the extra stuff from coming down the stairs.
Next, digging in the yard to get the cable buried for the dish that is being set up in the yard.
Oh, by the way, before all this, I had my hot, steamy cup of coffee. That was a crucial part of the deal here. DON'T FORGET THE COFFEE!!!!!!!

And if the neighbors peek out their heads to wonder what is up with the new people in town....that would be US.....smile big and maybe take over some homemade cookies later to make up for all the noise on the small block that you live in.....ah, town living!

1 comment:

  1. NEVER forget the coffee! It's a sin I think. Thank you for bringing me such joy this morning. I've been up since 4:30 am with the little guy and am just short of losing it. Did I mention that both the boys have their immunization shots today? You're a dear friend Linda who always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete