Friday, November 12, 2010

MY Mission Field....Yours too....

I am convinced that when Jesus said to go into all the world to preach the gospel, He wasn't JUST talking about missionaries that go to other countries and live and teach and preach.
God has been doing a work in our lives lately...a stepping up of sorts for us to walk into. We have moved now...into a very small town of about 500 people. I love it here! I am tucked away and cozy into my little tiny part of this big world, BUT that is not to say that I am to just hide away and stick my head in the sand about Christ. On the contrary, THIS little part of our world, MY part....this is MY mission field. I am not called to travel the earth...at least not that I am aware of and I am sure that God would make that very obvious to us!
I am called to be a light right here in our area. I am to show the love of God right here....with a smile, a card, a letter, encouraging word, etc....to those around us. When I check out at a store, I make the effort to say 'have a good day or night' before the cashier says it. They are usually surprised that I would take that initiative. It shows that I am interested in them. People are screaming out for love and attention. WE are the hands of Jesus in this world. WE are to show His love to them so they will want to love Him back.
We need to put ourselves in the background and ask others about themselves. Show them that we care and love....cuz it's not about me...it's about Jesus and about people.

3 comments:

  1. We have a sign as you are leaving our church that says "You are now entering the mission field." You are so right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder that we are called to be lights. This is something I pray about a lot, that I be a reflection of God to the people around me, including my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! We must always be the hands and feet of Christ - I just wrote about this at Internet Cafe Devotions. We are God's Public Relations Team!

    Great reminder - have a wonderful weekend, Linda!

    Natalie at Mommy on Fire
    http://www.mommyonfire.com

    ReplyDelete