Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What we are up to around here these days......

I am sitting here warming up as it is very chilly here in the house. I had 2 cups of coffee already but am a little fed up with running to the bathroom so often. I will wait to have another cup till later.
I took yesterday to catch up with an old friend. We have seen each other off and on in the city, when she was working and so on, but it has been about 12 years or more since we just sat down and had lunch. We met at a Chinese restaurant and it was fun to take the day off from teenagers and just talk with another woman! Oh, the joy! Gotta do THAT more often.
Today I am not sure what God has in store, but I do know I have laundry to do, meal planning, bill paying, some phone calls to make and another cup of coffee in the works!
I am really loving reading lately....different things, really. Short Christmas novels, political biographies(George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, etc...), perusing through magazines, mostly for recipes to copy down. I found a great Butternut Squash soup recipe! Gonna try that one out since we have an abundance of that in the basement.
I am also crocheting lately on a baby blanket for someone special that we know who had a little sweet boy! Got some other ideas in the works.
I also have a Christmas letter started for all that we send cards out too. I may just send the letter this year....if you and I are pretty good personal friends, you will be getting one!
I have been clipping coupons to save some money as well. We get the paper daily now so that is fun to look through. Our boys have been playing XBox a lot and doing homework...in that order if they can get away with it! LOL! As long as the grades are staying up there, I can handle that.
Just a bit of what we are up to around here.....one son is in wrestling now so that will keep us busy through the winter as well.
God is a good God and we are having a BLESSED life!!

1 comment:

  1. It was looking pretty wintery and cold here yesterday that I HAD to make Chocolate Chip Cookies. I know what you mean about getting out with the ladies. I'm trying to plan a shopping night. Hopefully, sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete