This winter is about over....now, don't go telling me that there is likely more snow coming...I really could care less. We are heading out of winter as far as I am concerned and I am thrilled!
I was feeling caged in, trapped, imprisoned in my very own wonderful new home! I had to put my foot down and decide that I was NOT going to give in to those feelings! I sought God about it and still am and not only did He restore my joy, but He has put it on my heart to go about a change of pace.
So, here are some things we are doing to get a fresh perspective around here...and some of the things are things we used to do and stopped, but now they seem exciting again!
---Sweetheart bought me some green plants to put around the house. What a difference! It seems so much more fresh with some living plants here again! We have this awesome deck on the south side of our home and plants are thriving in the big patio doors with the sunlight streaming in!
---This Sunday, we are going to have some very good friends over after church and fellowship, relax, laugh, and eat! We are going to watch the Daytona 500 and drool over the sunshine there in Florida and the heat...lol! Sweetheart and I used to watch the Nascar races ALL the time when the kids were little......we got away from that. No biggie. But we have such a craving to go back to that...to enjoy those things together again.
---I opened our bedroom window the other day when it was so warm out and the fresh air replacing the stale winter air was MARVELOUS!!!
---I have the Word of God being preached all day long every day in our home right now. The peace and life and love of God is pouring into our home more than ever!
---I am feeling the need to go ask about volunteering in town at our local library. Mind you, we only live in a town with about 500 people or so in it. The library is very small and is only a block and a half away from our door. I love that! But with the kids almost grown and me feeling so closed in lately, I want something that won't tie me down to where we can't just go away for vacation and yet will still get me out of the house some.
---We are starting to plan our spring gardening and landscaping. This is a new place for us and we moved here in late October. We didn't have a chance to really get outside and survey what we might want to do. I am excited for that! Like a clean sheet of paper or a blank slate to start over on!
Yes, I believe there are seasons in our lives and that sometimes we need to just get with God and see where He may be leading us. These are personal things that He has led us to do to get refreshed and renewed in our lives right now.
If you are feeling down, unsettled...etc....seek God and ask Him what He would have you to do...maybe it is something you left off that you were supposed to keep doing, maybe it is something new, but if you listen to God and obey, it will make ALL the difference!!
Be blessed!!
Linda I so needed to hear these words today. God has really used you in my life in the blessing me when I really need to be blessed. I have been feeling this pressure that the end of winter can bring and am struggling with getting on with things when all I want to do is sit in front of the tv wrapped up like a taco. One question, how do you listen to the word of God all day? I'm interested. :)
ReplyDeleteSpring is defintley in the air my friend!It is so warm here today. God is so good to walk with us in the paths that we need to be on, and at the right pace!
ReplyDeleteBlessings for a great weekend!!
What a refreshing post! We opened up our doors and windows today, but only for about 10 minutes to let the fresh air in. After that it got too cold! Still in the 40's here, with some hail/snow the past couple of days.
ReplyDeleteThere is lots of change happening in our lives right now so as we are walking through it, I am definitely relying on God to be my strength!
Very nice to meet you over coffee this week. :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
-Melissa