Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What do YOU do while waiting?!

I was just reading a friend's post and decided to blog. I am waiting for Sweetheart to get home from work so we can do some grocery shopping...(see, I already got something in about waiting and here I am blogging while waiting..lol!)
Anywho, I am talking about what you do while waiting to see the doctor, or dentist, or at any type of appointment. How about when you are waiting for a son or daughter to come out from a sports event or a class and you are the one picking them up?
Well, here is what I do.....different ideas.....
What I do when I have to wait.....

bring a good book

have some notecards in your purse or bag to jot off a note to mail to a friend

carry some paper in your purse to copy recipes out of magazines in a doctor's office, etc....(I do this A LOT! I cannot tell you how many little pieces of paper I have written recipes on from magazines...)

pray

crochet

listen to a good CD or preaching message

just being still and being at peace

These are just practical things I do while waiting. I don't really mind waiting so much. I think we live in a world of impatience and we really need to cultivate the God kind of patience. Besides, when we learn how to wait, we can hear from God and be more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment