Friday, August 6, 2010

Another Week and Another Birthday....

This is our daughter, Amanda, and her wonderful sweetheart.

Tomorrow is Amanda's 21st birthday...where did the time go?! Waaa!! Sniff...sniff!!
She has become a lovely young woman and I am thanking the Lord for it.

Another week is at it's end....I have learned a lot this week about myself. I am so grateful to God that He doesn't give up on me. I am happy and at peace.
One of our sons was dealing with some medical issues this week and all is well there. Tests came back normal and so we are praising God!
On the house front, I am learning patience. I can't say that I would have as much patience with myself as God has with me. As some of the gals in the Yada Yada prayer group say, 'God is God all by Himself!' Whew! Am I thankful for THAT!
Gorgeous day today...not too humid and a good day to cook. We are loaded down with sweet corn....neighbors and grandparents and Sweetheart's employer just blessing us bigtime with corn. I will have the kids shuck it for us and then we will eat some for supper and freeze some. Yummmmm! Fresh succulent sweet corn! I also make a fabulous corn casserole with it.....Sweetheart likes that! It is made with cream cheese and cheddar cheese...Mmmmmm!
Two of our boys are out at an uncle's farm today cleaning up a shed and doing some farm work. Good for em to earn some money that way. Honest hard work and good pay! They have football camp when they get back later....I am thinking they will sleep good tonight!!
Anywho....I just can't say enough about the Lord. I am soooo awed by His grace and strength these past weeks. He is so faithful!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice looking couple! Happy Birthday to your daughter!(How is that they are all getting older...and we're not! lol)

    ReplyDelete