The last couple of days have been very cool and crisp in the mornings and I have been wearing my pink,snuggly winter robe and sipping hot,steamy coffee! Oh, how I am lovin' fall weather!! We had an almost oppressive summer of heat and I am soooo ready for fall.
We are supposed to have some heat move in again this weekend with some humidity too, but it won't last long now. It is September next week and autumn is right on the doorstep now.
We traded in our old Suburban yesterday for a much newer model. Yay!! Exciting to have something newer again. The kids love it cuz it has a DVD player in it and they can even hook up their Xbox if they want. Can you say 'roadtrip'?
With the hour long trips to Nate's college football game this fall, it will come in handy to keep teenagers occupied.
Today I am making my homemade veggie beef soup. I soooooo adore making soups in the fall and winter. Very warming and filling!
I have a few cinnamon rolls in the oven right now that I am going to treat us with in a bit. I will have coffee with mine!!
Our sophomore boys have their 1st football game tonight about 40 minutes away so I am going to pack some snacks and treats for that later.
Yeah, baby!!!!
Fall is FINALLY in full swing!!!
Yummm sounds like good stuff at your house! Wish I was close enough to pop over for coffee and cinnamon rolls...
ReplyDeleteA perfect potluck is one that is all home made soups! I've a chicken carcass to pick over tonight so it can go in the pot for soup.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the previous post, especially that you read your passages out loud. The more senses we can use when absorbing God's Word, the better. Have a blessed weekend!
Can you mail up some of those cinnamon buns? It has been too hot to bake lately, even though I did have to make some cookies for school. Congrats on your new vehicle. I don't know what I would do without the dvd in my van. During long trips when the kids get ornery, we put on a movie and its quiet for 2 hours.
ReplyDelete