I am sitting here listening to the impending rain storm coming our way. Enjoying the rolling thunder and flashes of lightning. Not severe, but rain just the same and perhaps some cooling refreshing air behind it....praying for it.
It has been so hot and sticky here lately...like sitting inside the hot air furnace with wet blanket over me. The forecast for the next week or more is the same. Praying for relief. God hears when we pray and He cares about every little thing we do....He is faithful!
We marched in a parade today in a local small town on behalf of our church. It was fun. I prayed for courage to hand out the pens wrapped in 'Good News' tracts. I met mostly smiles. No strings attached. People just want to be paid attention to and loved. That is our job. To love people.
After the parade, we stopped at a local ice cream parlor. Sweetheart got a 4 berry smoothie, kids got chocolate, coconut joy with chocolate flecks, and Superman flavors. Superman is like bubble gum with all the bright colors staining your teeth blue and orange. I sipped on a scoop of coffee ice cream drowned in 2 shots of expresso, topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce. Oh, yeah.....!! Ice cold and hit the spot. Creamy and rich and luscious!! I am going back soon if I get the chance! When we got home, I peeled off my jeans and clothes and took a very cool/cold shower....ahhhhhh!
As I said in my last post, our oldest turned 21 on Saturday. She got the coveted engagement ring soooooo.....they are getting married!!! We love her fiance, Levi! A precious young man that loves her with all his heart. Praising God for His goodness!
Good morning! I am still on this post as the power went off last night for a moment and I decided that I better get the computer turned off before it got fried in the storm....we have had things like that happen before.
A good inch of rain...nice and refreshing and the cool air flowing in the windows last night was wonderful!
I have a boatload of corn sitting in the porch ready to cook and 100* weather...hmmm...what to do.....I know I have to cook it...I just wish I had an outside burner of sorts to boil the corn so I didn't have to heat the kitchen. We don't have central air conditioning. I know that may seem uncivilized to many of you, but that is just the way it is for us. We will make it thru the heat spell.
Well, on to getting housework done early today. Blessings!
Sorry it's soo hot! Do yohave air in the new house? How great that your daughter is getting married! Out oldest is 20 soon... hard to believe they are grownup!
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your day!