Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lint Roller Rant....Revisited...!

I wrote this on July 27th, of 2008 for a blogging community that I belonged to that has since closed...but I thought it was kinda funny and the inspiration to write it just came on me....(if you are a writer, you know EXACTLY what I mean here....sometimes trying to write isn't good enough, it just has to BE there...you know??)
Anyway, here it is...

Every Sunday I go thru the ritual that must be done in order to look good for church. It must happen or else we all look like we just rolled out of bed onto the floor. I have thought about writing this blog many times, and this morning as I ironed and Sweetheart donned his black shirt and I dressed in my black pants, it occurred to me that many others out there go thru the very same ritual perhaps. My Sweetheart basically told me to go for it and so here I am blogging about this very important process. What, you ask? Lint rolling. I must admit that as of late, lint rolling has become crucial in our house. If you minister from the pulpit, you must be a lint roller. If you are a continual wearer of black or dark colors, you must be a lint roller. If your dryer is out of order and on the blink, you absolutely must be a lint roller. If you own a cat or dog, you for sure are a lint roller. We qualify for ALL of the above. (Our dryer is working fine now, by the way.) I never used to be so fanatical about this subject, but since my self-esteem has sky-rocketed and I do enjoy shopping so much, the subject has had to be approached. Since my husband preaches, I indeed must lint roll over him. It is amazing what a good lint rolling will do for the ego. When you have confidence that you do not look like you have rolled on the carpet with the dog and cat, you can stand up before others with joy and peace. I have to be honest here, this was a blog straight from my imagination. I just don't know why it was so important for me to write this. Some of you may relate and understand my madness. Some of you may think I just stepped out of the loony bin and think it is kinda dumb. No matter. I am grateful to God for whoever invented the lint roller and I am not ashamed to say so!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Three cheers for lint rollers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a lint roller, but a wet cloth for those little grubby marks. :) By the way, check out my blog, I have an award for you there.

    ReplyDelete