Monday, October 18, 2010

Memories.....Changes....

Two of the greatest men in my life!! Football at Wartburg this past weekend...sunny, but cool..perfect weather!

I am thinking this morning of changes....we cannot go through life without changes...kids grow up, cars wear out and new ones bought, moving to a new place...etc.
Today, a good friend dropped off one of his furniture moving trailers for us to start loading up for the weekend....what a blessing from God!
Got me to thinking....change is a comin' this weekend.....
Raised our kids here, moving on to a different house...changes. Seasons of life change and tho we may not be comfortable always with that, we must adjust...and gracefully, as much as possible.
I am ready....this house has been our refuge given by God to us when we could not afford one of our own, but God is faithful. He has prospered us, blessed us...a good God. And now we are ready.....it is time.
Our last 4 kids will be moving on in life in the next 3 years or so. It is time to think about what God has for us beyond that. Time for a new season.
Moving is bitter sweet, but as a friend told me, we will take our memories from here with us. Joyfully.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Linda,

    I just noticed that you are one of my few "followers". I feel like apologizing for my lack of interesting things to share, especially after reading your blog. I am enjoying reading your posts. Keep up the good work.

    Pam,
    Homeschooling in Florida.

    ReplyDelete