Thursday, October 7, 2010

Simple Things Thursday


My simple thing for this week is 'praying'. You may think....what do you mean by this? How hard is it to pray for another, and yet we tend to think we cannot or don't have time or it has to be this big thing that we have to plan for. I hope you understand what I mean. It is simply....simple.
We can talk to God at ANYTIME. I talk to Him when I walk, when I do laundry, when I wash dishes. I keep a running conversation going with God all day. It keeps me in His presence. He is always with us, but there are times WE tend to get away from Him...sidetracked. But He is always just right there when we turn around and waiting for us. He is so precious to me.
When someone asks me to pray for them, I take it seriously. I used to think that it was too hard. God wants us to pray or talk to Him from our hearts. It isn't about getting the language just right or using certain phrases...(praying the Word IS important, tho!)He knows us and knows our hearts and how we truly feel.
This is my 'simple thing' for this week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm learning this too. I've even purchased a small notebook for my purse so that I write people's prayer requests down, otherwise I would forget them.

    ReplyDelete