Monday, July 4, 2011

D is for Dassa

D is for Dassa
I just knew D would be for her. She is my baby. Ok, I know what some of you may be thinking.....really?! We have always been animal lovers and all that, and I said that I would never really treat a pet like a child, but I guess I folded. I wanted a house dog and I wanted a lab and I wanted a puppy. So, 2 years ago, when we were at a friend's house butchering chickens for the freezer, our friend asked us if we wanted to see the pups at the house across the road. His male yellow lab had fathered quite a few pups and so we went and saw the cuties! They were only about 3 weeks old. Too young to leave mommy, but that didn't stop me from saying that I wanted one!
We were told when they were about 8 weeks old, we could have one. In August, they were about 7 weeks old and we got the call to come get one. Sweetheart went with one of our sons and when he got back, I had my "baby"! I was in love and the rest is history!! She is so sweet and when I am sad or upset, she comes and sits on me!! LOL! She is trying to cheer me up and she is good at it! She is a doll and we love her!!
All grown up!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! We miss having a dog, they can be such good company!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! We have a German Shepherd who is as sweet as the day is long but she refuses to come in the house. (The kitchen floor scares her.) I miss having a house pet and am looking into adopting a cat soon.

    ReplyDelete