Monday, July 25, 2011

X, Y, and Z

I am doing the last 3 letters together. I dreamed all last night about this phrase..........eXceeding Youthfulness of Zeke.
!

We have a sweet old dog named Zeke. I have fallen hopelessly in love with this old fella. We adopted him over a week ago and he is my shadow....follows me around most everywhere and just is the most loving dog I think we have ever owned.
He is so full of youthfulness! He will bounce up and down on his front legs and bark when it is time to go for a walk.....he gets all excited for a treat.....he is just a big lovable teddy bear!
We have seen how loving this sweet dog has given him a puppy-like energy and joy!
He was in a shelter...a no-kill shelter thankfully, and we decided that we were going to get a senior dog. There are so many animals out there that are needing good homes. A lot of the dogs and cats out there are older animals that someone has decided they don't want anymore because they are old. CAN YOU IMAGINE DOING THAT???!!
I am sure some of the problems people have with older animals are the mounting vet bills with the problems that come with a dog getting old. But I cannot fathom just ditching your sweet best friend.
Ok, gotta get off that soap box. I have strong opinions on that.
Zeke is priceless to us and we are blessed to have him

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Bless you for taking him and giving him a home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell by the look in Zeke's eyes that he is just as much in love with you, as you are with him. What a sweet face. Thank you for coming to my little corner of the web and sharing in my blog hop. I am glad I found you. Following now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda _ I found you at Adventures of the ordinary. I love this post. I love labradors and I think its awesome you adopted a senior citizen. I've just started a a-z of my own (i'm on B!).
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete