What is 'old'? Wanna know what I think? Old is what a person thinks is old. For me, old is probably 100 years old or so. But I think age is simply a number. How a person feels is the true age.
As I stated before, we adopted a couple dogs. We already have our Dassa, but we adopted a basset and a yellow lab.
Our yellow lab is 11 years old. Now that IS old for a big dog, but as I said, the true age is how someone feels. Well, Zeke....that is his name....he acts like he is just a young pup sometimes. Yes, he is slow going most of the time, but Sweetheart took him out for a walk last night and when they got back, here was what Sweetheart said to me...and I quote, "You would have a hard time keeping up with him!"
Yay!! Old Zeke is a pup at heart and is still enjoying a good life of joy!
I am so glad that we got him! The owner was a little 'old' lady and she didn't think anyone would want him since he was so old. She was going to 'put him down'....oh, the horror!!!
I realize what she meant and was thinking, but you know what I think? I don't think she could keep up with HIM...LOL!! She was the old one, not him! The irony.....but we love him!!! God is so good!!
Now that we have Zeke....I may have to blog about him for the letter 'Z'....LOL! Blessings to all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment