Warning: This blog is for imperfect mothers parenting imperfect teenagers.....if you have perfect teen and are one spotless mom, please move on to the next blog...
As a mother of teenagers, 4-5 at home at a time, depending on the time of year or what is going on at the time, I would have to say that I REALLY need to work on calmness, patience, understanding, listening skills, etc.
I remember as a teenager, I pushed my mom and dad's buttons to the limit and broke a lot of rules doing so. Staying out obscenely late, mouthing off some, just generally being a butthead.
Man, do I wish I could take THAT back! My mom was a saint compared to me. She was the epitome of patience and love. I am trying not to put myself down, but I have a LOT of work to do!
Dealing with dirty laundry, piles in their bedrooms, sitting around watching tv, playing video games, threatening consequences if they don't do their chores.....you all know what I mean.
This is where the grace of God comes in. He has loved me despite myself. Through all my quirks and temper tantrums and unlovely moments, He has held me and comforted me and blessed me. I didn't deserve it, I still don't. But I realize how important it is for me to show His grace to my teens.
Blessings!

I have learned a bit more about making our home a place of grace because of our teens...it really ain't easy sometimes, lol...
ReplyDeleteBlessings~