Tuesday, July 12, 2011

K is for Kindness

K is for Kindness

I thought this was a good word for K.
We are showing kindness to some dogs right now. We love dogs. I must say....and no offense to anyone here....that I am not a cat person. We do have a cat named Emmy. She is a old girl and keeps to herself most days. Our daughter wanted her as a kitten and so we got her. But when she passes on, we won't get another.
But right now we are becoming a 'refuge' of sorts for some older dogs. Dogs in shelters that no one wants. WE do. They are sweet, kind and wonderful souls! Of course, we do have our Dassa...and she is 2. We got her as a 7 week old pup. We now have a basset hound named Daisy. She is only a year or so old. I couldn't resist! What a sweet girl! She has that 'ho hum...Eeyore' personality. Hope you know what I mean...lol! She is precious! Today we will be driving about 3 1/2 hours to get Zeke....an 11 year old lab. He is so wanted here and we are thrilled to give him a loving home where he can live out the rest of his days in joy and peace.
I presume our kids think we have gone off the deep end....but, hey! This is our dream, not theirs. We are excited!
I will post some pics sometime soon if I can....we have a lot to do around here!
Blessings!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment