The sun is shining brightly outside today! Yay!! Double yay!! I am looking outside at our hay field that needs to be mowed and baled...oops!....wait...that's our lawn!!! A week of rain and no opp. to mow and now is the time. I love the sweet smell of lawn being mowed!
I am on cup of coffee #2 and so relaxed at this point that I could almost go upstairs to take a snooze again. Breakfast consisted of a 2 egg omelet with chicken and spinach and brie. Yum! Dassa is curled up snoozing in my warm spot I left on the couch and the dryer is finishing up on our oldest son's work clothes. He has a perpetual deep fried smell from the burger place he works at...never comes out of the clothes. My sweetheart has a similar pair of black dress pants as our son's work pants and the way we tell the difference is by taking a sniff......
I still have strawberries to make up into something.....cakes, maybe a pie, not sure yet.
I would like to have the lawn mowed by the time Gordon gets home from the farm, but our riding mower has to be jumped started by the Suburban, which Gordon has with him. Funny, huh? And the push mower has a cable that has to be held in place just so as you mow or it dies on ya. Hmmmm....new mower for Father's Day?? Just a thought. LOL!
I will have the kids walk the 2 miles to the country nursing home farm that we can literally see right across our field. Dad lives there. Wish there were a bike or walking trail thru the beans and corn......
.......more to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment