Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Warmin' Up

I have decided that I am like a fly or a beetle.....how? I am NOT a cold weather person at all. I have lived here most of my life and have enjoyed every season. Here in Iowa, we have 4 extreme seasons most years. A warming, rainy Spring....hot, muggy Summer....cool, crisp Fall....and a COLD, brutal Winter. Now, I said most years. This past winter was a pleasant surprise ending in February. We did not have any snow from March 1st on. We had a very warm, almost hot spring, but then it leveled off.
Today was below normal weather for June....70's. You may think that I am one crazy, out of her mind chick, but I love HOT weather. It energizes me. Today, sitting in the house, I was cold. I slow way down when it cools down and I get almost lethargic. Like I said...like a fly or beetle that goes into a coma for the winter and then miraculously starts buzzing around in the spring warmth.
I know it will heat up again this week, and I am in no way stating here that this is the norm for us, but I really don't like the cold and once our kids are grown, I have a sneaking suspicion that we will indeed be moving South for the winter months. I think the snow is beautiful and the turn of the seasons is a marvel, but I do like heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment