Monday, June 14, 2010

Iowa Country Living.......

Two of our little kitties! Jamal (the gray one) and Sophie (the calico)...
PIC 4- THE REWARD!!!!! Yum!!!!

PIC 3- 6 containers made.....



PIC 2-Cutting the tops off the strawberries.....

PIC 1- Gettin' started on the jam.......
Ok, the pics are backward, but you get the idea! LOL!

I have to say that I love living in Iowa.....now when winter comes.....I may kinda waver on that a bit, but generally all in all this is my home. As I sit here with an ice cold Pepsi and 1/2 a peanut butter and fresh strawberry jam sandwich, I am soaking in the joy in which I live! Gordon is working with the dairy cows he calls by name. The History of the Green Bay Packers is on the tv right now for one of our youngest sons. He is a Packer fan thru and thru. Our daughter is playing Tri-Ominos....(remember that one?) and Matthew is watching tv.
I have just finished making 6 containers of jam and now have to think of what else to make with fresh strawberries...any ideas?? Let me know!
I have to say that living in the country is like heaven on earth for me. I grew up around here and I guess it is just part of me. I am sure it is the same with those that grow up in the city. I wake up every morning and just marvel at how good life is! It all starts with Jesus. Without Him in our lives we would not be where we are or happy as we can be! I get my hot coffee in the morning and read the Word...then I like to journal. I listen to the sounds around me and notate those things....I yearn to write a book someday....I already have pages written.
I love to read and I especially love books that are detailed in descriptive words that make the pages come alive....I like books with family and country oriented themes.
Now we are waiting for the sun to poke thru.......of course, when it is wet, the weeding is much easier. Well, onto more reading on the front porch after I straighten up the kitchen. Life is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment