I am full of things to blog....here we go!!
I was laying in bed last night with my Sweetheart and we were watching our very fav show, "NCIS", and I got to thinking. After the show was over, I reached over to show my sweetie an article in a Christian mag that we get. It was about 2 couples that started a coffee house and how they are fulfilling God's plan for them in this tiny little hometown of theirs and that they know they are in God's call for them. It has become a haven for people of all walks of life to go in and sip on their coffee (which, by the way, I need right now!!) and have peace and relax. It got me to thinking about how sometimes we wonder if we are doing what God has called us to do. You know, I have friends that travel the world as missionaries and run big ministries. But little ole' me? Little ole' us? Well, I have decided that you know what? I have a family. I love my family. And we can love life and live in our tiny town forever if need be and be completely happy about it! Why? Because the BIG plan we all look for in God could very well be exactly what we are doing right now. You know, for some reason, we tend to think that we aren't doing big things for God unless we are out in the spotlight. NOTHING could be further from the truth. If we are doing what we know to be doing and following the path God has for us, then we need to be happy and content in where we are for the time being. If things change, I am sure God will let us know. What a peaceful freedom this brings! No more struggling to figure out God. Just trusting Him.
Now, today is another rainy day but the outlook for tomorrow is sunny and hot....YES!!! I have oriole feeders to refill today and clean out. The juice one looks gross!! Gotta get that scrubbed up with some bleach. Then spray down the patio and sweep the deck and arrange the chairs, pick up the shoes, etc. More broccoli to plant and gonna try some watermelon this year...we will see how that pans out.....
I have made significant progress on the baby afghan I am crocheting...butter yellow and after it is sewn, I will add ribbons and most likely sunflowers or daisies to accent it. For a sweet friend's little baby girl!
Cleaning out the fridge is becoming an almost daily chore as well...gotta find what is in the back and make sure it gets thrown out or eaten. Usually always gets eaten.....but not always by humans...the dogs like their treat once in a while..LOL!
I am listening to the barn swallows click and chirp outside our deck door. They have a nest that they build yearly out there. So cute to see the little tiny babies poke their tiny little beaks out over the edge of the nest!
Laundry to do also today....EVERYDAY around here. My daughter and I living with 4 boys and a dad/husband makes for loads(pun intended) of laundry.....
Onto the day!
Ministry opportunities are everywhere - regardless of where you live!
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you on this Tuesday! Thank you for visiting my "Summer Reading List" last week!
Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com