Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Secret to Being Joyful ALL the Time....

What a Wednesday! So good to be alive and breathing and lovin' life! I want to let you all in on my secret to how I can be so happy all the time....
It is ALL God. I wake up in the morning like most people and just try to function the best I can until I can use the bathroom and get my cup of hot, steamy coffee to sip. Then I get my journal and my Bible. I read a lot of the same scriptures everyday. The Word of God is food to me everyday to nourish me and it LITERALLY gives me strength....God infuses me with grace for my pace each and everyday. I have days where I miss reading the Word cuz I got up late or something....those days are NEVER the same as when I get my quiet morning time with the Lord. He is everything to me and I cannot function without Him. I am totally dependent on Him. I am nothing without Him. I think you get the picture......
I have found that the more I make a habit to spend the 1st hour of my day or so with the Lord that I get all my work for the day accomplished and I am JUMPIN' WITH JOY the whole day!
Do I have challenges and problems that come my way? Sure. How do I deal with them? I run them over....I stomp on them.....(the problems...not people...lol!)I don't worry about anything, I didn't say worries don't come to me, but I just ignore them when I remember that it is God who strengthens me and lifts me up above the circumstances. I am NOT super Christian woman. I do struggle at times, but those times are fewer and fewer as I allow God more and more place in my life.
He is so good to me and I know where I used to be without Him. I cannot forsake Him for anything else. He has called me to be used for His purposes....I am an encourager....a joyful mother of children....a lover of God. (If you had any idea where I was without God, you would be amazed at His restoration!) He has restored all that was lost to me and I will forever praise and worship Him for it! I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good.....I will NOT be ashamed to call Him Lord and Savior. He has healed me, prospered me, and set me free.
As Job 33:28 says so wonderfully...."He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit, and I will live to enjoy the light!"

1 comment:

  1. It's so true. The JOY of the LORD is our strength. I know that's why I have great joy is because of my Lord and Saviour!
    Great post.
    Have a great weekend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete