Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rosemary Chicken Salad

So I made the Rosemary Chicken Salad and added a few things of my own in the mix...nothing too hard.
I got 2 small frozen chickens out of the freezer....butchered our own and skinned em. I WILL NOT pluck feathers! Put em in the roaster set on 350* or so with some hot water in the bottom of the roaster and after about 3 to 4 hours the meat is falling off the bone.

Let the hens cool and then stripped the meat off the bones. (the dogs and cats are just lickin their chops about now....they have the inside track on the bones and stuff!)

Chopped up my celery and chicken and added it to the bowl. Then mixed up my mayo, sour cream, rosemary. I added in garlic powder and salt and pepper and some chopped fresh thyme.

Poured that into the bowl and mixed it up well.

Finished salad! I am letting it sit and meld the flavors together. Sweetheart tried it and thought it had too much rosemary so I tweaked it with extra dressing. It is good. Recipe follows....
Rosemary Chicken Salad
3 cups cooked and chopped up chicken meat
3 cups chopped celery (I did not equal the celery to the chicken as my family likes mostly chicken in theirs..)
1/3 cup mayo
1/3 cup sour cream
1 T chopped rosemary
Combine chicken and celery. In separate bowl, blend rest of ingredients. Combine and mix well. Chill to let flavors meld together.
(Note: As I said above, I chopped up some fresh thyme and added in garlic powder to taste. Also some salt and pepper.
I also doubled the recipe for our large brood. :)
Enjoy!



2 comments: