Friday, June 18, 2010

Up Late......

Ok. so I am awake late. I decided to stay up downstairs while Sweetheart went to bed early. He has to get up at 2:30am for milking at the farm and I know he needs some extra hours snoozin'.

Now, I have been to the local library and found a very cool Gooseberry Patch book called, Simple Summer Pleasures. It has a recipe in it that I may just post tomorrow. It is 'Rosemary Chicken Salad'. I have the 5 simple ingredients and may add a couple more, but I will keep you posted (he he....pun intended!).
Anywho.....there are also some very neat saying and quote in there too. I am going to start getting those in somewhere here too....maybe as a side thingy...I don't know. But I do know I like interesting things that people say that cause me to stop and think about stuff or feel-good quotes that show the joy in life!
One thing that I did find in this book was a tip for making laundry smell good if you didn't want to use softener. I do use softener but I might just try this: put a few good drops of lavender oil on a washcloth when you throw it in the wash. I may use this on my sheets as it would relax ya at night....good idea!!
I am still going to sift through the book some more. I like that kinda cool stuff! And I am gonna figure out how to get some quotes on my blog side......I may need to sleep on that!

P.S. Didn't have to sleep on it!! Got it!! I am calling it: Words Fitly Spoken. You will find it on the right side under my pic!! Check it out if you like cool quotes and stuff!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea about the lavender on the facecloth. I don't use softener I use dryer balls, but I miss my clothes coming out nice smelling. I'm going to go out and get some essential oil next week and try it. I'll let you know how it works.

    PS - I love your 1st song. I'll have to play for my brother in law who is a 3rd generation farmer.

    ReplyDelete