Saturday, July 3, 2010

The 'Happy Dance'!!

I have decided that I will tell you all about how the 'happy dance' got started in my life....
Now, I know some of you may have already heard that term and may even have a 'happy dance' of your own that you do, but for me, this was something different that I believe has made me into the person I am now.
A few years back, I was wanting to make a strawberry dessert. I had the recipe and I was determined to get er done! One of the ingredients was Strawberry Cool Whip. (I have not lately needed this item so I am wondering if it still exists...)
Anywho, I went from store to store and it was not to be found. I was in a town about 20 miles from us going to Walmart and there is a grocery store there that I had been in before but did not make a practice of stopping at all that much...but something (I think it was God..) told me to check. I went in and made the rounds..you know, picking up some things to buy that I really didn't need all that much but I didn't want to write a check for a container of Cool Whip if I indeed found it. The kids were with me...we were humming along and I was getting to the freezer section. And wouldn't ya know......THERE IT WAS!!!! I am tellin' ya, I was so EXCITED that I just started to boogie right there. I was doing the 'woo woo'!! and turning around and shaking my booty right there in the freezer aisle. My kids were MORTIFIED!! I was soooooo happy and I didn't care who knew. I mean, really, I am in a town where practically no one knows me and this crazy lady is 'gettin' down' right there in the store. Who gives a rip?! I got my cool whip and that was all that mattered!
Now, this story may not mean a whole bunch to you all, but I had spent many a years with self-esteem problems, not caring how I dressed all that much, didn't like buying clothes and stuff for me (my kids always used to say,'Mom, you didn't get anything for yourself'), I thought I was happy but there was something niggling me and keeping me subdued a lot. I got to praying to God for joy and for friends. I never really had a whole lot at all. I was NOT a popular person in school...that may have been a good thing now that I think back, but I felt as tho everyone was staring at me and thinking...'ewwww, who is THAT!'.
Well, people, God answered me in a BIG way on a Saturday morning those many years back now (about 3, I think..) and I have shaken off that 'crap'...excuse me there...I am the happiest I have ever been in my life now and I really don't give a hoot n' holler what anyone thinks of me if I am just being me. I do care about and love people, don't get me wrong, but I sure don't pay any attention to those who criticize me anymore. I live for an audience of ONE and what He (God) thinks is all that matters to me. (Ok, so I am concerned what Sweetheart thinks of me but he married me and he certainly knows me pretty well and he's used to my silliness!!) It was all in my head that I was some freak. And when I did the 'happy dance', it was so FUN to be free of what others might think. Let em go ahead and think what they want. I am me and I like who God made me to be!!
(I could write a book......)

This got a bit long, but I wanted to tell you to see how God is GOOD!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! It was three yrs ago that God began amazing things in my life as well, and knowing who you belong to and that He is the only one that matters...(and He thinks you are fantastic) changes everything!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete