Psalm 55:22 (NLT) "Give your burdens to the LORD, and He will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall."
1 Peter 5:7 (NLT) "Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you."
It isn't easy to just hand it all over....it is downright hard sometimes. But God asks us to do it...just hand it all over to Him. We tend to go ahead and hand it over and then decide to worry and take it back. That is what worry is you know, taking the care back. Like we don't think that God is getting it done fast enough. That is what it is really about, isn't it? Lack of patience, maybe?
Psalm 138:8 (KJV)"The LORD will perfect that which concerns me.."
James 1:4 (KJV)"But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."
This just about says it all, doesn't it? When we turn our cares and concerns and worries over to the Lord, He makes sure it all gets handled right and it will come out perfect in His timing. And we will want for nothing...there will be NO regrets about trying to rush something that needs to be dealt with in good time.
I don't like hearing some of this myself. I want it NOW! We all want a quick fix, but sometimes we don't know the whole story behind it all.....let me change that....MOST of the time we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.
Here is how I handle stuff.....me personally.....
I get in the Word every morning, most days, and read specific verses for what I am dealing with at the time. I cast my cares over on Him and I feel great.....but then the enemy comes with his 'what-ifs' and 'buts'. I tell him to shut up! I have cast my care over on God and I ain't takin' it up again.
Does this always work? Yes. Am I always right on top of it, getting control of my thoughts before they run away with me? No. But I am a work in progress and God sees my heart. He isn't trying to keep us at arms length and looking to 'hit us over the head' when we miss it....He is trying any and every way possible to keep us close to Him. But we have the option....God can't take the worries away for us...we are commanded to give them to Him. THEN, He can have control. The ball is in our court. He is waiting on us.
Then we must be patient.Sometimes the answer comes quickly, sometimes not as fast as we would like, but ALWAYS in perfect time. NEVER late when we put our faith in Him.
The hard part is letting go.....
Blessings on your day!
Great thoughts this morning... He is so good and perfect...always!
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your day!