Thursday, July 8, 2010

Late Night Ponderings......Stone Throwing.....

I know it is late. I am sitting here writing this as I eat my cottage cheese with strawberry jam. When I was little, my mom would give me some cottage cheese with jam in it when I needed a late night snack to tide me over till morning. I have such good memories of my mama.

I just finished Yada Yada #2. I cannot seem to put these books down. They are so wonderful and good and fall right in line with my own faith and also with my shortcomings. I relate almost perfectly with Jodi. I was in tears as I read the final chapter of the book as MaDear forgives Denny/those who brought terror and grief into her life. What a testimony to God's grace and undeserved forgiveness of us!!
I read Jodi's thoughts in the book and think, "Wow, that sounds just like me". I am realizing that God put these books into my hands to help me learn about his love. (thanks, Katherine!) I have come a long way in my own life in this journey. I was someone that would stick my nose up at someone if they looked different, or didn't look like what I thought a 'decent' person should look like. I still struggle with these things at times now, but I have figured this much out: I don't want to be the one who kept someone from receiving Christ because of my snobbish or judgmental attitude towards them!! I couldn't or wouldn't want to live with that.

THINK ABOUT THIS....
Jesus said we would know His disciples by their fruit...right? He NEVER said we would know them by what they are wearing, how their hair is styled, etc.....When did people decide what a Christian or others should look like? Is there a standard out there that I don't know about? I mean, really.....yes, I know that we should be standing out as excellent to others and not bring reproach on God, but I also know that when we try to make everyone fit into the mold of what we think they should be, that they cannot be who God created them to be. Get what I mean? (I know, I am rambling...I hope you all will understand what I am trying to get at here...I mean well...)
People relate differently to others...that is how they will be reached with the Gospel...the way they understand. Paul said in the Word that he 'became all things to all people that he would win them to Christ'. We don't have to pretend to be someone else, just show interest in them personally. Being genuine and they will notice. (Funny how some Christian seem to be more snooty and judgmental than unbelievers...as if we were better than them....NOT! We all need Jesus. Period.)

I have made up my mind to love EVERYONE. None of us qualify to throw that 1st stone. We are all here by grace and grace alone and that should humble us and help us want to be a friendly face and light to those that need it most. Hurting people tend to hurt other people. They need God and they won't turn to Him if the ones that are supposed to be representing Him turn away from them. I am not talking about making everyone a close confidant...I am talking about loving people so they will feel loved by a VERY good God!
I pray that I have not offended anyone in any way. I am still learning myself, but I have made up my mind to be more like Jesus everyday......

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I should be heading to bed as well... How true is it, that we are all Loved by God. As we are.There is nothing I can do to make Him love me more, and nothing I can do will make Him love me less. I think it is when we recognize and begin to live out of that love, that we can love others. He is good...always...

    ReplyDelete