Saturday, July 24, 2010

Keeping My Peace....Busy Days Ahead...

Everyone around here is busy so I thought I would blog....laundry is going, we had a very late breakfast/brunch so only 2 meals to make today. Sweetheart is cleaning out the basement and shed outside for moving. Burning some trash and wood stuff that got moldy in the basement. Funny how sometimes you really don't know what all you have until you are gonna move and have to go thru it all!! LOL! He brought me some boxes from town to start filling up. I don't even know where to start, to be honest.
Thought I would show you all some pics of the Casablanca white lilies that Sweetheart bought me a few years ago. Gorgeous! The scent of these babies are STRONG tho. They are right here by the window where the computer is and can almost overwhelm ya with the smell.




I am reading 'Where Do I Go?' from Neta Jackson. Another Yada Yada book series of sorts. I will be rereading the Yada Yada Prayer Group series I am definitely sure! I am overjoyed and grateful to God for simple pleasures such as good reading novels! Clean and glorifying Him!! As Florida would say..."Thank ya, Jesus!!" (you would know her if you have read the books...)
Our oldest son is back from the East Coast now and out mowing here on the acreage. I love the smell of fresh mown grass! Sweetheart likes it cuz it smells like fresh mown hay....which he smells on a regular basis over at the farm.
We had breakfast burritos for brunch and cinnamon rolls with milk and coffee. A very good way to start a Saturday morning! I am still not hungry. I have been drinking ice water all day too. A good way to stop craving. I have also been eating more fruit and cottage cheese lately. Good protein and fiber.
Tomorrow is church dinner and then a grad party for our 2 twin nieces. Food, food and more food and I have to make stuff for both. I am making a Creamy Orange Salad for church and taking fresh grapes for a fruit salad for the grad party. I am also making a cake for the grad party.
Sweetheart preaches the offering message at church tomorrow so he will be studying for that later. This is really a very typical Saturday for us with the exception of getting things cleaned out to pack.
I am excited, but have some memories that I need to tuck away in mind. I cannot let the good memories hold me back from moving on to all the the Lord has for us where we are going. I will fondly hold this place up as precious to me. Raising my children here, adopting 4 of them while we lived here. This is the only home they have known with us, so it is a fresh move for them too! They are excited about their new rooms and all that.
Our youngest son is due back from visiting family. We are picking him up at the airport on Tuesday morning. Everyone will be home then and it will be a VERY busy time with moving, football camp starting, moving our oldest son to college, school starting, etc....
I am thanking God for His Grace for this busy pace and loving the step forward that He has for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment